Friday, October 23, 2009

Super-Nana



As soon as I called my mom (aka Nana) with the news that I was in labor, she got to work on changing her plane ticket so that she could fly down immediately to help out. Ray picked her up from the airport the very next morning, and then brought her back to the hospital just in time to bring Giovanna and me home.

As we were heading home I warned my mom, "When we get to the house you will see why I have been so incredibly stressed out for so many weeks." Our house had been in TOTAL upheaval for a couple of months, as we had been in the process of painting and re-decorating rooms and re-finishing furniture.

As we walked through the door, Nana took a moment to assess the chaos and then simply said, "Well, this is why I am here".

Over the course of the next three weeks, she helped me accomplish more than I thought humanly possible. Thanks to "Super-Nana", we...

... cleaned and organized almost EVERY room in my house... put on Sophie's birthday party, including making the cake... kept laundry folded and the kitchen cleaned... soothed Gia whenever she was fussy... finished Sophie's total room makeover... helped Ally with homework... changed TONS of diapers... put dinner on the table every night... scrubbed down bathrooms... got all three kiddos dressed and out the door when necessary... snuggled with and read to the girls at bedtime...

And this is just the tip of the iceberg!!

But along with all of this, my mom also filled my days with friendship, encouragement, understanding, and hope. She is truly a remarkable woman, and I am so very blessed to be her daughter.

I also have an incredibly generous dad, who let me have my mom for THREE WHOLE WEEKS!! I know it wasn't easy for him, but he knew how much I needed her.

And to show you how much of a sweet, thoughtful romantic he is, here is what my dad had delivered to our house on Sweetest Day:

For my mom

For me and our three girls


Thanks again, Dad!

And to my amazing mother...

"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
~Proverbs 31:29


No comments: