Monday, December 7, 2009

Our Star Student

This was quite a weekend for Ally...

On Friday she was awarded the Star Student Award for her class in front of the whole school! Her teacher had e-mailed me to let me know ahead of time, but we decided to let Ally be surprised when her name was called during the all-school assembly. How fun it was to see the look on her face! And her classmates squealed in excitement around her! You would have thought she was on The Price Is Right as she ran up to receive that treasured award!

Her teacher told me before the assembly that Ally deserved the award because she is such a sweet girl, and is always kind and helpful to those around her. But then she told me they have an autistic child in their class, and Ally always goes out of her way to help him, and to make him feel included and special. I almost cried right there on the spot! Oh, my precious Ally - what a gift from God you are!!



Then on Saturday night, she was in our city's Christmas parade with a bunch of fellow Girl Scout Brownies. She cheerfully endured the chilly low 40's temps and the long, slow march, proudly displaying her Girl Scout cookie costume! In the words of Sophie - GO ALLY GO!!



1 comment:

Mindy said...

Oh my gosh I am so proud of her!!!