Friday, February 27, 2009

First Haircut

Well, I knew this day would come. Sophie has been asking for weeks now... "When do I get to have my first haircut?" She has been announcing to everyone she meets lately that her hair is too long so she needs to have it cut. So I finally called and set up an appointment, and on Monday we went to have her long, beautiful mane cut for the very first time! I took her to a Cool Cuts where I knew they would ceremoniously save some locks for me.

As we pulled into the parking lot Sophie asked "Is this the hair cutting store, Mom?" I answered yes as I turned off the engine and gathered my things. I glanced in the rear view mirror to see her staring intently at the sign on the door. She sounded a little concerned as she stated, "But there is no 'H'. You know, 'H' for huh-huh-hair cutting store!" She seriously makes me laugh every day!

Anyway, Sophie was excited to find that she got to sit in a race car chair and watch the Barbie movie of her choice. And I hovered around the area, obnoxiously snapping pictures from all angles! Here are some before, during and afters...





The above two were taken at home that morning. Sophie often gets to play Dora on the computer so I can get an uninterrupted shower!









And of course, we celebrated this monumental milestone with lunch and a Frosty at Wendy's!



She is so proud of her new haircut! And I am so very proud of my big girl!

1 comment:

Kristen, pajama mama said...

What a cool "date." My kids would love an outing like that with just mommy. I would, too, especially if there's a frosty involved!