Thursday, July 2, 2009

A few of my favorite things...

With each one of my babies, there has been an item we have acquired that quickly became one of my all-time favorite things. You know, one of those items that brings a smile to your face whenever you see it, and fills your day with just a little more joy for having the opportunity to use it!

With Allysa, it was the Baby Bjorn carrier that good friends of ours gave to us.

With Sophia, it was a brand new Boppy with a velvety-soft removable pink cover.

Yesterday, I found my new favorite item for Baby #3...



An amazing bargain that I found on Craigslist, I am IN LOVE with this chair! I prayed for wisdom as I drove great lengths to meet with the seller, and tried to keep my expectations low. Wow, was I surprised - I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it in person! It is a GORGEOUS chair, well-made, in excellent condition, upholstered completely in super-soft chenille, and is truly the MOST comfortable rocker I have ever had the joy of sitting in!

I snuck away early from the dinner table last night so that I could just spend time rocking in it, fully enjoying my new favorite luxury. Dreaming a little, and thanking God for the baby girl that will soon be snuggling with me in this chair.

No comments: