Saturday, May 23, 2009

Little Nurse

Monday morning last week I woke up with a stomach bug. It threw me for quite a loop, since I had a long to-do list for the day. I still managed to get some things done in the morning, I just had to move a little more slowly. At lunch time Sophie expressed concern, because she noticed I wasn't eating.

"If you don't eat, you won't get any energy, Mom."

I tried to explain that there are days it is definitely better to NOT eat, and showed her the Gatorade and crushed ice I was sipping. She was still quite concerned, and asked me throughout the next couple of hours when I was going to be able to eat.

By the time we got home from picking Ally up from school, I was feeling pretty weak. I grabbed her backpack so I could go through her folder, then collapsed on the couch. I just laid there with my eyes closed for a few minutes as I came to the realization that I was perhaps a little more sick than I had originally thought.

Suddenly my sweet Sophia climbed up onto the couch and snuggled into me. She stroked my head a couple of times and said "It's ok, Mom. If you're sick, I'll stay right here with you".

Somehow I felt a little better...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwww I love my little Sophie!!!

rastellifamily said...

Thanks Aunt Mindy...aka "Anonymous"!!